Healthy Homes: Homeownership is a crucial foundation for helping families with low incomes build strength, stability and independence. When families move out of substandard housing and into decent and affordable homes, their health, educational attainment, safety and personal wealth often improve.
The Homeownership Program is currently closed
Applications will NOT be available in the 2020 year.
Applications will NOW be available May 3 – May 31, 2021
- Have a need for housing/shelter.
- Must be a permanent resident of the United States for at least 2 years.
- Have acceptable credit (No unpaid collections, liens , judgments or charge offs)
- Bankruptcy must be discharged for 2 years.
- Have 2 years of consistent work history.
- Self-employment must be consistent for 2 years with 2 years tax returns.
- Have not owned a home within the last 3 years.
- Be eligible to open/maintain a savings account.
- Live or work in Rutherford County for at least 6 months.
- Show willingness to partner with Habitat.
- Be able to pay a minimum of 1% of the sales price down payment/closing cost.
- Be willing to perform a minimum of 300-400 hours of “sweat equity” by helping to build Habitat homes, including your own.
- Complete Mandatory 30+ Hours of Free Home Buyer Education Classes.
- Debt to Income ratio must be less that 40%.
- Currently RCHFH will serve applicants within 40-80% of the median income.
- You must meet the income guidelines of 40-80% per your family size.
2020 Income Guidelines
1 Person – $23,080 – $46,100
2 People – $26,360 – $52,700
3 People – $29,640 – $59,300
4 People – $32,920 – $65,850
5 People – $35,560 – $71,150
6 People – $38,200 – $76,400
7 People – $40,840 – $81,700
8 People – $43,480 – $86,950
Income Guidelines subject to change in 2021
For more information & Frequently Asked Questions click here Homeownership Program 2020
Get Ready Class!
If you are not ready and want to be ready to apply in 2021, RSVP for the Get Ready Classes. The classes are free and held once a month at the Patterson Community Center from 5:30-7:00 pm. This class will give suggestions and create a plan for you to improving your finances, credit repair, lowering debt, money management & how to become a successful homeowner. Once you are ready, apply or re-apply during an open application time period. To register for class click: https://dominionfinancial.org/getready/
Unfortunately, Habitat is not emergency housing. It can take up to 18 months to complete the program and purchase a home.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Look at our Homeowners! 😀
Our Habitat Build #167, the Campbell Family!
Our Habitat Build #165 is for the Davis Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #163, the Clark Family!
Congratulations Habitat Build #161, the Williams Family!
Our Habitat Build #168, the Whitfield Family!
Our Habitat Build #166, the Ahmed Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #164, the Rivero- Odermatt Family!
Congratulations Habitat Build #162, the Gullette Family!