Healthy Homes: Homeownership is a crucial foundation for helping families with low incomes build strength, stability and independence. When families move out of substandard housing and into decent and affordable homes, their health, educational attainment, safety and personal wealth often improve.
Applications will be available May 2, 2022 – June 3, 2022.
- Have a need for housing/shelter.
- Must be a permanent resident of the United States for at least 2 years.
- Must have a Credit Score of 620. However, 2 applicants will less than a 620 credit score, that has met all other criteria, can be accepted on a contingency to work with RCHFH to raise the credit score to 620 before reaching Phase 5. The 2 applicants that are selected will be based on a score sheet.
- Have acceptable credit – No unpaid collections, liens, judgments or charge offs.
- Debt to Income ratio must be less than 40%.
- Be eligible to open/maintain a savings account.
- Be able to pay a minimum of 1% of the sales price down payment/closing cost.
- Bankruptcy must be discharged for 2 years.
- Have 2 years of consistent work history.
- Self-employment must be consistent for 2 years with 2 years tax returns.
- Have not owned a home within the last 3 years.
- Live or work in Rutherford County for at least 6 months.
- Show willingness to partner with Habitat.
- Be willing to perform the required hours of “sweat equity” by building Habitat homes, including your own.
- Complete a Mandatory Free Home Buyer Education Classes.
- You must meet the income guidelines per your family size.
2021 Income Guidelines
1 Person – $27,000 – $47,250
2 People – $27,000 – $54,000
3 People – $30,360 – $60,750
4 People – $33,720 – $67,450
5 People – $36,440 – $72,850
6 People – $39,120 – $78,250
7 People – $41,840 – $83,650
8 People – $44,520 – $89,050
Income Guidelines subject to change in 2022
For more information & Frequently Asked Questions click here Legacy Pointe 2022-2023 Build
Come back and check our website frequently & follow us on FaceBook to apply for other new builds coming soon!
Get Ready Class!
If you are not ready and want to be ready to apply in 2022, RSVP for the Get Ready Classes. The classes are free and held once a month. This class will give suggestions and create a plan for you to improving your finances, credit repair, lowering debt, money management & how to become a successful homeowner. Once you are ready, apply or re-apply during an open application time period. To register for class click: https://2getstarted.as.me/GetReadyII
Unfortunately, Habitat is not emergency housing. It can take up to 18 months to complete the program and purchase a home.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Look at our Homeowners! 😀
Habitat Build #172, the Dail Family!
Habitat Build #170, the Miles Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #168, the Whitfield Family!
Habitat Build #171, the Sawmha & Zing Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #169, the Sneed Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #167, the Davis Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #166, the Ahmed Family!