The Homeownership program is currently closed.
Applications for Home Ownership will be available April 1- April 30, 2019
RCHFH will host Application Informational Meetings in March 2019 to explain the Habitat program and application process. The meetings will include a Question & Answer session. Check back on the website or call our office to get the actual dates!
- Have a need for shelter.
- Must be a permanent resident of the United States for at least 2 years.
- Have acceptable credit (No unpaid collections, liens or judgments)
- Bankruptcy must be discharged for 2 years.
- Have the ability to pay a monthly mortgage & have steady income/employment for 2 years.
- Have not owned a home within the last 3 years.
- Be eligible to open/maintain a savings account.
- Live or work in Rutherford County for at least 6 months.
- Be unable to qualify for a conventional loan due to income level.
- Show willingness to partner with Habitat.
- Be able to pay a minimum of 1% of the sales price down payment/closing cost.
- Be willing to perform a minimum of 300-400 hours of “sweat equity” by helping to build Habitat homes, including your own.
- Complete a mandatory 30-Week Home Buyer Education Class.
- Complete a mandatory 8 hour Post Purchase Education Class.
- Debt to Income ratio must be less that 40%
- Meet the Income Guidelines per your family size
2018 Income Guidelines: These income guidelines are subject to change in 2019
$15,750.00 – $31,500.00 (1 member household)
$18,000.00 – $36,000.00 (2 member household)
$20,780.00 – $40,500.00 (3 member household)
$25,100.00 – $44,940.00 (4 member household)
$29,420.00 – $48,540.00 (5 member household)
$33,740.00 – $52,140.00 (6 member household)
$38,060.00 – $55,740.00 (7 member household)
$42,380.00 – $59,340.00 (8 member household)
Unfortunately, Habitat for Humanity is not emergency housing. It can take up to 18 months to complete the program and purchase a home.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of the U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.
Look at our Homeowners! 😀
Our current Habitat Build #158, the McDonald Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #155, the Batey Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #153, the Martin Family!
Our current Habitat Build #157, the Queary Family!
Our current Habitat Build #156, the Harrell Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #154, the Baker Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #152, the Taylor Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #151, the Greer Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #150, the Smith Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #149, the Mayfield Family!