Applications for the Homeownership Program is currently closed.
Updated requirements for the Homeownership Program for 2018:
- Have a need for shelter.
- Have acceptable credit (No unpaid collections, liens or judgments)
- Bankruptcy must be discharged for 2 years.
- Have the ability to pay a monthly mortgage & have steady income for 2 years.
- Have not owned a home within the last 3 years.
- Be eligible to open/maintain a savings account.
- Live or work in Rutherford County for at least 6 months.
- Be unable to qualify for a conventional loan due to income level.
- Show willingness to partner with Habitat.
- Be able to pay a minimum of $1500.00 down payment/closing cost.
- Be willing to perform a minimum of 300-400 hours of “sweat equity” by helping to build Habitat homes, including your own.
- Complete a mandatory 30-Week Home Buyer Education Class.
- Complete a mandatory 8 hour Post Purchase Education Class.
- Debt to Income ratio must be less that 40%
- Meet the Income Guidelines per your family size
2017 Income Guidelines: These income guidelines are subject to change in 2018
$14,450.00 – $28, 860.00 (1 member household)
$16,500.00 – $33,000.00 (2 member household)
$20,420.00 – $37,140.00 (3 member household)
$24,600.00 – $37,140.00 (4 member household)
$28,780.00 – $44,520.00 (5 member household)
$32,960.00 – $47,820.00 (6 member household)
$37,140.00 – $51,120.00 (7 member household)
$41,320.00 – $54,420.00 (8 member household)
Unfortunately, the Habitat Program is not emergency housing. It can take up to 18 months to complete the program, purchase & move into a home.
How to Apply:
Beginning February 1 – March 30, 2018 pick up an application at our office and return it or email Angie, the Homeowner Services Coordinator to have an application emailed to you.
You can return it by walk in, mail, fax or email it. It has to be returned by March 30, 2018
Look at our Future & Current Homeowners!
Our current Habitat Build #150, the Smith Family!
Our current Habitat Build #149, the Mayfield Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #147, the Russell Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #146, the Espy Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #145, the Hinton Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #144, the Russell Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #143, the Ortiz /Ruiz Family!
Congratulations to Habitat Build #142, the Benjamin/Morkos Family!